BirdieBox is currently seeking a highly passionate, proactive, and detail-forward thinker to join our team as an Automation Programmer. The Automation Programmer is a full-time position and responsible for the leading and implementing automated workflows within our current process.
This role will have multiple day-to-day duties and therefore requires a person that can easily multi-task and handle large amounts of information coming in at once. Because we are a rapidly growing company, this role will encompass high expectations from leadership with evolving responsibilities. A strong desire to learn, adapt, and grow are invaluable at our company.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to; development of automation workflows to create efficiencies within each department, utilize data visualization tools to track effectiveness of each automated process, create new automated processes based on current operations, manage & implement incoming requests for automated projects, and eventually create automation that feeds into robotic elements on the warehouse floor.
- Conduct internal research on areas of greatest need for automation
- Review current picking, production, and kitting procedures
- Understand the flow of an order in Odoo (WMS) from picking through shipping
- Analyze the order entry process from a sales rep to account manager
- Recommend best course of action for automating invoicing and payment tracking
- Manage incoming requests for automation and prioritize based on business needs, with direction from leadership
- Design automated process from close of order to confirming in WMS. Includes collecting desired information from client, hooking into artwork automation, and eliminating most manual order entry from account management.
- Automate invoicing and payment tracking utilizing WMS, Salesforce, data visualization tools
- Monitoring & troubleshooting automated process daily to ensure maximum efficiency is reached
- Special projects related to automation workflows in WMS
Examples of Projects
- Automate actions between Salesforce & Odoo when order is closed
- Automate artwork creation & communication to client upon submission of artwork request form
- Auto-print barcodes for products picked in warehouse
- Automate international paperwork printing upon validation of shipping transfer
- Automate order to machine based on type of product, job length/type, and available machine
- Auto-capture of kitting photo and paste to chatter in Odoo